Carload Express is well-positioned to assist with your car storage needs. Our railroads are perfectly situated astride primary class one main lines on the way to Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic end markets from production centers in the central and western U.S. Our location, combined with our extensive track capacity, makes our lines ideal for your storage in transit and empty car storage needs. Connections to class one carriers Norfolk Southern, CSX Transportation, and regionals Wheeling & Lake Erie, and Buffalo & Pittsburgh, offer a wide variety of routing options for your car fleet, allowing easy reconsignment to alternate destinations.
Have material that needs truck delivery to meet a customer’s needs? Our extensive bulk transloading network, Carload Express offers unmatched flexibility to get your product to market where –and when, you need it. Contact our sales and marketing department to ask about storage track rates, availability, and other value-added services.
Featured Railcar Storage Location: Bowest Yard (SWP)
Southwest Pennsylvania Railroad (SWP) has completed the rebuild of Bowest Yard near Dunbar, PA as a dedicated storage yard for loaded customer-controlled cars.
- Location: Dunbar, Pennsylvania (Uniontown, Pittsburgh)
- 10,790 total track feet (175 60’ car spots) capable of storing HAZMAT loads.
- Track 1: 2886 feet
- Track 2: 2752 feet
- Track 3: 2579 feet
- Track 4: 2579 feet
- Direct connections to CSXT, NS, W&LE.
- Easy access to mainline traffic flows via daily SWP switching service.
- Rail to Truck Transfers for just-in-time truck delivery available at the Savage – Safe Handling bulk transload terminal in nearby Mt. Pleasant, PA.
- Site is in a rural area not close to residences.
- Property will include 8 foot high security fence. North side fence is complete.
- SWP is now fielding expressions of interest for lease and exclusive use of the yard